SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a technique used to improve your website so that it ranks higher in the search engines. Nowadays, many people use the internet to search for answers to a variety of problems. So if you want them to see your website when they search for their problem, you need to make sure that your website appears in the results.
The higher up the search results on your website appears, the more traffic you will get, and these visitors are your potential customers. This is where SEO comes into play.
So what exactly is SEO?
SEO is the process of optimizing your website to make it more search engine friendly. When you optimize a page, you are basically making it easier for the search engine spiders to crawl your site, and thus reading and indexing your content easier too. A good SEO consultant who can help you in improving your website’s search engine results can help you in optimizing your site to achieve higher rankings in search engines.
There are a few key factors that need to be considered when optimizing a site:
- Page titles: As you know, search engines are text-driven. This means that they scan through the content of your page titles to help them decide what the page is about. If your titles are not keyword-rich, your site will fall on search engine rankings. Also, remember that search engines give much more weight to headings and sub-headings than to the body of the page. So ensure that your webpages have good keyphrases built into the title and the body of the page.
- Meta descriptions: Most engines scan the meta description tags of your website before they crawl through the actual content. Also, the meta description is often picked up by search engines and used in search results. This means that, if your meta description is not optimized, your website is less likely to appear in search results than it would if it did.
- The right image types: Images are a common element on websites today. However, although the website owner will want to optimize the images on the site, they don’t realize that search engines cannot read images. So if there are important photos on the site that need to be made recognizable, then the best approach is to add them in a separate file, which will be seen only by search engines. This means that you can have multiple images on the site and they will be seen naturally.
- Links: Oh, this is one that can be an area overlooked by most webmasters. But you need to make sure that you dedicate some time to finding out all your possible webmaster friends to link with. Links are one of the most important factors to consider when trying to get your site ranked. You need to decide whether you want to seek out links through reciprocal linking, through posting on forums, linking your site to another, etc.
- Intercourse: Most would say that this is optional. But you will be surprised at how many sites we create that have taken years to achieve high search engine rankings because we did not follow this dictate. Make sure that you submit to engines regularly, and that you read their guidelines before submitting your website so that you get no arbitrary options as to why your site is being rejected.
- Passwords: If you have a strong password, then you should make sure that you permit out adequate what webmasters consider as far as posting on their site. If you want to post on a high profile social network, then you should not make a big announcement about it, but small amounts of often will get you through.
As long as you have read up on the search engines and how to get your site ranked, then you should have no problems launching a new website and seeing it ranked very well in a short amount of time. You want to ensure that you can afford to continue your website to be ranked well into the future because you have competition that is starting and doing what you did. So if you have paid for your website and all it has done is bring you in money then you need to find ways to recoup that money, so if you have found that out then you need to find a way to recoup your money for that website, as it is not the easiest thing to do. But if you are creating a strong website and making sure that you are using the tips and secrets that I have given you, then it should help you to get your website ranked amongst the best.
Search engine optimization is vital to a website if you want to get yours ranked amongst the best.